TAESS00023 Online learning and Assessment Skill Set
$995 – Online – 3 months enrolment period – Coursework and RPL
This Skill Set is for teachers and trainers who want to gain the skills and knowledge to deliver and assess e-learning in online and remote learning environments, including in the workplace.
This Skill Set offers skills and recognition for:
- Delivering online learning synchronously and asynchronously using an online platform such as Zoom/ Teams/ Canva etc.
- Assessing learners both synchronously and asynchronously using online assessment systems and processes
It applies to those who are or will be delivering and assessing learners in an online training and assessment environment.
ABOUT THE COURSE
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials and instant access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule a phone or video call when you need support. Our trainers are available from 9 am to 5 pm QLD time, Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
If you are not sure why quality support is important you may be interested in our article ‘Why Student Support Matters“.
What does this course involve?
This Skill Set comprises the following Units of Competency:
TAEDEL405 Plan, organise and facilitate online learning
What this unit involves:
- Plan and organise online learning environment for delivery of synchronous and asynchronous learning activities.
- Introduce and establish an online learning
- Facilitate online learning
- Support online learning
- Review online learning processes
TAEASS404 Assess competence in an online environment
What this unit involves:
- Prepare to assess in an online environment
- Administer online assessment
- Make assessment decisions of evidence submitted online
- Finalise online assessment process
Practical Requirements and People You Will Need Access To
In order to complete the practical assessment requirements of TAESS00023 Online Learning and Assessment Skill Set, you must:
If completing via coursework :
- You will require access to a computer to download zoom as this will be required for the workshop attendance. No further external resources will be required as Fortress Learning will provide the platform and the learners for your online delivery and assessment units
If completing the work-based or RPL pathways:
- Have access to a group of 3 learners to deliver and assess in an online training and assessment environment
- Have access to an online learning platform to deliver two learning activities. The units in this Skill Set do not specify which particular platform you must use. We have had students successfully attain these units based on their experience using many different platforms, including the likes of Moodle, Canvas, Blackboard, SchoolBox, Mindflash, Learnbook, Learndash and Nimble, to name just a few of the large number that are available.
- You must have access to a TAE-qualified observer (who is currently compliant as a Trainer and Assessor, holding as minimum qualifications the TAE40110, TAELLN411 and TAEASS502 (or equivalent unit)), or the ability to video record the practical components of your assessment tasks.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to – open web pages – view embedded video & slideshows (eg. Youtube, Slideshare) – download & extract zip folders – open and download pdf & swf documents – open, edit, save & upload documents created in doc & docx format?
- Our assessment materials are developed using MS Word. Do you have the computer skills and access to Word to allow you to participate in the program?
- Can you download, work within, save and upload Word documents?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
Are there any entry requirements?
There are no formal entry requirements for this Skill Set however it is very important that you know your way around a computer prior to enrolling for this course.
How long does it take?
The enrolment duration for this course is 3 months.
Experience tells us that the following three factors affect the time it takes a student:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience.
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed.
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10- 15 hours per week. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
Successful Study Habits
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time… consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
What will it cost me? Do you have flexible payment options?
Our minimum course fee for the 3 months enrolment is $995.
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit card and bank transfer. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment.
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending upon the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $150 per fortnight
- $200 per fortnight
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
If you have not finished the course within 3 months you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
You may be eligible for government funding.
Mature-age students may be able to access a funding co-contribution of 75%, or up to $2,200, towards training. Eligibility for the Incentive is subject to successfully completing a Skills Checkpoint assessment and Career Plan that identifies suitable training opportunities, which you will need to discuss with a Skills Checkpoint Career Advisor. Please also note that each applicant, or their employer, must co-contribute and fund the balance of the training course costs after the government contribution is applied, which at most can be 75% of training costs, up to the value of $2200 GST inclusive.
More information is available HERE.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
A full refund of fees paid applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment.
There is no refund after the cooling-off period and the full balance of fees is payable.
Is this course a good fit for you?
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.
What if I need to take a break from study?
The flexibility of our online approach means that if you need to take a break from study, we’ve got that covered too.
We offer the option to defer (pause) your studies. Whilst you are deferred, your enrolment is inactive and we pause your enrolment duration. Then, when you are reactivated from deferment, you pick up exactly where you left off and carry on.
Here are the important details;
- You can defer a maximum of two times. The first deferment is free. The second deferment incurs a $45 fee.
- Payment plans continue on deferment, and your payments must be up to date before we can defer you.
- You won’t have access to your trainer or learning platform whilst you are deferred.
- If you have at least 6 weeks remaining in your enrolment, you can defer for up to 3 months. After that, you can defer for twice the amount of time remaining in your enrolment (for example, if you have 1 week left in your enrolment, you can defer for 2 weeks.)
The most important thing is to contact us if your enrolment isn’t working out as you had planned so that we can offer you the best support options as and when you need them.