Single Diploma upgrades
From $600 – online – RPL and coursework – 1 to 3 months enrolment period
NOTE: Due to TAE training package changes, the following information relates only to the TAE50116 and TAE50216 Diplomas (not the TAE50122)
If you have completed an earlier version of the Dip VET or the Dip TDD, then upgrading may be as simple as applying credit transfer and demonstrating your currency.
Upgrading means that you are recognised for the current skills and knowledge that you have, based on the combination of earlier qualifications you have completed and the experience you have gained since then.
Because of how Training Packages are constructed, the units from the older TAE50111/ 50211 Diplomas generally remain equivalent to those from the TAE50116/50216 Diplomas.
That means we can provide credit for those equivalent units toward the TAE50116/ TAE50216 Diplomas.
Students are still able to enrol into the superseded TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development, which is currently in an extended teach-out transition period until 8 December 2024. This extended transition period means there is plenty of time to complete the TAE50116 and/or TAE50216.
The Diploma Upgrade Program is specifically for people who possess equivalent units of competency from earlier qualifications, combined with relevant recent experience. (Note: This does not include the TAE50122 diploma.)
Once enrolled, we will confirm which of the following you will need to provide:
- Evidence of completing earlier units.
- If those units were completed more than 2 years ago, evidence of currency in those units.
- If needed, how you will complete TAELLN501 (via an RPL or Coursework Assessment Pathway).
Complete our upgrade survey now to find out which upgrade option is right for you. If you already know which upgrade option is right, there are links to the different upgrade options at the bottom of the page. You can also use the graphic below to determine which Upgrade Option is right for you, or simply call us on 1300 141 994, and we can help you.
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace; perfect for balancing alongside work and family commitments. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials for access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule a phone or video calls when you need support. Our trainers are available 9 am to 5 pm QLD time Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
Practical Requirements and People You Will Need Access To
If your Upgrade program involves TAELLN501, In order to complete the practical assessment requirements of TAELLN501, you must
- Have the ability to provide evidence of delivering training to 5 vocational learners.
- Have the ability to provide evidence of leading peers in extending LLN practice.
You must have access to a suitably qualified TAE observer. It is essential that your observer is qualified at a Certificate IV level as a minimum (holding as minimum qualifications the TAE40110, TAELLN411 and TAEASS502, or equivalent units), but it is desirable that they are TAE qualified at a Diploma level.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to open web pages, view videos on youtube, download & extract zip folders, open and download pdf documents, and open, edit, save & upload documents created in word?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
How long does it take?
The enrolment duration for this course is:
- 1 month for Option 1
- 3 months for Option 2
- 1 month for Option 3
Experience tells us that the following three factors affect the time it takes a student:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience.
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed.
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10- 15 hours per week to their studies. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
Successful Study Habits
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time…consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
Do you have flexible payment options?
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit card and bank transfer. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment.
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending on the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $150 per fortnight
- $200 per fortnight
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
You may be eligible for government funding.
If you are over 40, you may be eligible to receive 50% of your course fees from the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. Another funding option is the Mid Career Checkpoint which offers to fund of up to $3,000 to students who return to the workforce.
More information is available HERE.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
A full refund applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment. There is NO REFUND after the cooling-off period. Please refer to our Refund Policy here.
Is this course a good fit for you?
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and that we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, and required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.