TAE40122 Certificate IV in training and assessment (Transition Program)
$3,600 – Online – Coursework Only – 12-month enrolment duration
Our TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Transition Program is offered via full coursework with unlimited support from our trainers via phone, email and video call. You have access to your trainer via google meetings/Zoom and phone calls as well as email, and you can schedule as many or as few calls and meetings as you need within your enrolment period. We also send out Assistance support emails with video links each month of your enrolment to ensure you are on the right track and to offer additional assistance and support as needed. The TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment Transition program suits entry-level trainers and assessors looking to capitalise on their wealth of industry knowledge and turn their expertise into a training and assessment career upon completion
This course is best suited to individuals delivering training and assessment within the vocational education and training sector.
It suits those wanting to enter the training industry or those either delivering accredited training or responsible for the assessment of the competence of an apprentice or trainee within a workplace.
The course contains 3 clusters of units, and the way they work is stepped out below:
- You begin by enrolling on the TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 1: Design/Deliver
- Upon completion of the 4 Units of Competency (TAEDES411/TAEDEL4301/TAEDEL402/BSBCMM411) within this cluster, you will then be enrolled by our Student Support team into TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 2: Online Learning and Assessment (TAEDEL405/TAEASS404))
- This cluster will eventuate with a Statement of Attainment being issued for the TAESS00023 Skillset (which is a bonus to your Qualification portfolio)
- The final cluster you enrol for will be the TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 3: TAE40122 Remaining units where we will credit transfer the six units completed in Clusters 1 and 2. You will then go on to complete a further six units of competency to finalise your TAE40122 Cert IV TAE. These final six units are:
- TAEPDD401 Work effectively in the VET sector
- BSBAUD412 Work within compliance frameworks
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDES412 Design and develop plans for vocational training
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training
- TAEASS412 Assess competence
Our online delivery allows you to complete flexibly and to work at your own pace, which is perfect for studying alongside full-time work or family commitments.
This particular course includes coursework only.
If you are interested in exploring Recognition of Prior Learning or importing any units for Credit Transfer from previous study, please let us know. We will also have a specific RPL course available for the TAE40122 by April 1st 2023.
About the course
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials and instant access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule a phone or video call when you need support. Our trainers are available from 9 am to 5 pm QLD time Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
If you are not sure why quality support is important you may be interested in our article ‘Why Student Support Matters“.
What will I learn?
The TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment includes twelve units of competency, So that you can get started right away with your studies (with no waiting until the middle of the year), we have pioneered a pathway to get you started now in your journey towards your TAE401122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
We have grouped the units into three Clusters:
You will begin by enrolling in the class: TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 1: Design/Deliver
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs ( Core unit )
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
Upon completion of these units, Fortress Admin Staff will now issue a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the above units and enrol you manually into the following class: TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 2: Online learning and assessment (TAESS00023)
- TAEDEL405 Plan, organise and facilitate online learning
- TAEASS404 Assess competence in an online environment
Fortress Admin Staff will now issue a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the TAESS00023 skillset and enrol you from March 31st 2023, into the class: TAE40122 Certificate IV Training and Assessment (Transition Students), where you will now go on to complete the following final six units:
- TAEPDD401 Work effectively in the VET sector ( Core unit)
- BSBAUD412 Work within compliance frameworks ( Group C elective unit)
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation ( Core unit)
- TAEDES412 Design and develop plans for vocational training ( Core unit)
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training ( Core unit)
- TAEASS412 Assess competence ( Core unit)
We will Credit Transfer the six completed units from TAE40122 Transition Cluster 1 and 2 as these are either elective of the TAE40122 or superseded but equivalent units from TAE40116 – TAE40122. See below:
- TAEDEL301 – Equivalent to TAEDEL311 Provide work skill instruction (Group A elective)
- TAEDEL402 – Equivalent to TAEDEL412 Facilitate workplace-based learning (Group A elective)
- BSBCMM411 – Current unit from BSB training package imported into the TAE40122 as an elective
- TAEDEL405 Plan, organise and facilitate online learning- current elective of TAE40122 (Group A elective)
- TAEASS404 Assess competence in an online environment- current elective of TAE40122 (Group A elective)
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs ( Core unit )
Upon completion of the above 12 units, you will be issued with the TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
During your course, you will learn much of the following ( and lot’s more that is not listed):
- How to Operate in the VET Sector
- How RTOs work and the importance of ASQA to RTO’s
- How to create a Trainer Profile
- How to schedule and maintain Professional Development
- How to design session plans and use training packages and accredited courses to consult with clients and identify the best possible formal competency standards for their needs
- Many different principles and theories of adult learning
- Foundational skills and Unit of Competency structure
- How to conduct and participate in validation and moderation activities
- How to assess the competence of learners
- What RPL really means
- What synchronous and asynchronous learning and assessment means
- How to deliver and assess in an online learning environment
Practical Requirements and People You Will Need Access To
Being an online program for a very practical qualification, our TAE40122 Transition Program has been structured to minimise the need for you to access external resources but there are a few areas where external resources will be required to complete the assessments. These are as follows:
TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 1: Design/Deliver
You will require access to people such as clients ( or colleagues/ friends and family playing the role of clients) that you can consult for TAEDES411 Assessment
You will require access to 4 people to deliver 3 sessions of face-to-face training in a physical location ( not online) for your TAEDEL301 TAEDEL402 BSBCMM411 Clustered Assessment and this will need to be video recorded or observed by a qualified TAE Observer ( with relevant topic expertise)
TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 2: Online learning and assessment (TAESS00023)
You will require access to a computer to download zoom as this will be required for the workshop attendance. No further external resources will be required as Fortress Learning will provide the platform and the learners for your online delivery and assessment units.
TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 3: TAE40122 Certificate IV Training and Assessment ( Transition Students)
You will require access to the same group of 4 learners you delivered training to in Cluster 1 ( or a different group of 4 learners) who you will assess against 2 Units of Competency each ( 1 unit will be assessed as a traditional face-to-face assessment and one via RPL)
You will also require access to one individual learner ( who was not part of the 4 in cluster 1) to who you will deliver an individual training session ( 2 x 30 minutes) This must be delivered face to face and in the same physical location and this will need to be video recorded or observed by a qualified TAE Observer ( with relevant topic expertise)
The TAEASS413 unit requires validation and we provide a workshop for you to attend so you do not require any external resources at all for this unit.
If you’re not sure about any of the above, please call us on 1300 141 994 and speak with one of our support team. Often, we can help you find a way to make it work with the resources you have available to you. If not, we can help you decide the best course for your needs.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to – open web pages – view embedded video & slideshows (eg. Youtube, Slideshare) – download & extract zip folders – open and download pdf & swf documents – open, edit, save & upload documents created in doc & docx format?
- Our assessment materials are developed using MS Word. Do you have the computer skills and access to Word to allow you to participate in the program?
- Can you download, work within, save and upload Word documents?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
Are there any entry requirements?
Just like the TAE40116, the latest TAE40122 requires people entering the program to be able to:
demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
How do I do that?
For most people, it will simply be a matter of providing a copy of some other qualification, skill set, or statement of attainment. If you do not possess another qualification, then we would require you to provide a CV that shows your broad industry knowledge and experience, combined with a Position Description and Third Party Report from someone who can attest to your experience.
In essence, the entry requirement lets us evidence your knowledge and experience in your industry area.
How long does it take?
Experience tells us that most professionals usually take about 10 to 12 months to complete their program. These people are usually working full-time and juggling families, pets, holidays and all the other things that seem to complicate our lives; they would usually take a few nights each week to work on their program, and then a further few hours on the weekend….the lucky ones also get some time to do it at work!
Our quick response times also help to reduce the total time that it might otherwise take and make 10 months an achievable time frame; after all, getting your marking done in less than 4 days is going to make the whole thing a lot quicker than if it took weeks or months for us to mark your submissions.
To ensure you have all the time you need we offer a 12-month enrolment duration and if you need to you can extend further (costs apply).
In the end, it is your individual rate of progress that will ultimately determine how long it will take you.
How much time should I set aside per week to study?
The following schedule outlines a pathway for the completion of your Assessment Tasks.
This is a guide only and can be adjusted to suit your own preferred timeframes for completion.
Please note that your course has a 12-month enrolment period so all assessment tasks must be completed within 12 months of your enrolment start date.
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time… consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
What if I need to take a break from studying?
The flexibility of our online approach means that if you need to take a break from studying, we’ve got that covered too.
We offer the option to defer (pause) your studies. Whilst you are deferred, your enrolment is inactive, and we pause your enrolment duration. Then, when you are reactivated from deferment, you pick up exactly where you left off and carry on.
Here are the important details;
- You can defer a maximum of two times. The first deferment is free. The second deferment incurs a $45 fee.
- Payment plans continue on deferment, and your payments must be up to date before we can defer you.
- You won’t have access to your trainer or learning platform whilst you are deferred.
- If you have at least 6 weeks remaining in your enrolment, you can defer for up to 3 months. After that, you can defer for twice the amount of time remaining in your enrolment (for example, if you have 1 week left in your enrolment, you can defer for 2 weeks.)
The most important thing is to contact us if your enrolment isn’t working out as you had planned, so that we can offer you the best support options as and when you need them.
What will it cost me?
Our minimum course fee for the 12 months enrolment is $3,600.
If you have not finished the course within 6 months you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
Do you have flexible payment options?
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit cards and bank transfers. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol, you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment:
- TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 1: Design/Deliver – $1200 payment is required before we will issue your SOA
- TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 2: Online learning and assessment (TAESS00023) – a further $600 payment is required before we will issue your SOA
- TAE40122 Transition Program – Cluster 3: TAE40122 Certificate IV Training and Assessment ( Transition Students) – a further $1800 payment is required before we will issue your TAE40122 Certificate and Transcript of results
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending on the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $150 per fortnight
- $200 per fortnight
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
You may be eligible for government funding.
Mature-age students may be able to access a funding co-contribution of 75%, or up to $2,200, towards training. Eligibility for the Incentive is subject to successfully completing a Skills Checkpoint assessment and Career Plan that identifies suitable training opportunities, which you will need to discuss with a Skills Checkpoint Career Advisor. Please also note that each applicant, or their employer, must co-contribute and fund the balance of the training course costs after the government contribution is applied, which at most can be 75% of training costs, up to the value of $2200 GST inclusive.
More information is available HERE.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
A full refund applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment.
There is no refund after the cooling-off period. Please refer to our Refund Policy here.
Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning
This course is offered via a full Coursework assessment pathway only. If you are interested in exploring Recognition of Prior Learning or importing any units for Credit Transfer from previous study, please fill out our expression of interest form so we can provide you with information to enrol in an RPL pathway from 31 March 2023.
Is this course a good fit for you?
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.