Certificate IV in Training and Assessment UPGRADE (TAE40116 to TAE40122)
This is for anyone who holds a TAE40116 qualification, is currently working as a Trainer and Assessor, or has been actively working as one in the last 2 years, and wants to transition to the most current TAE40122 qualification.
Why Do The Upgrade?
In all honesty, right now it’s not mandatory for those who have the TAE40116 to upgrade to the TAE40122, as per the Standards for RTOs. But let us highlight why it’s actually pretty important.
- There is new content in the TAE40122 that wasn’t included in the TAE40116, so upgrading means you’ll have all the latest industry knowledge, skills, and practices to rock at training and assessing learners.
- And here’s the cool part: having the newest TAE credentials shows that you’re engaging in professional development and are motivated to be exceptional. THIS makes you a stand out, so what do you think it could do for your employment opportunities? It’s totally worth going for the TAE40122 qualification!
While we’ve used the word “upgrade”, it’s not technically an upgrade. The TAE40122 is a successor to the TAE40116 and as such the qualifications are equivalent, it’s the units of competency within the qualifications that have changed.
We’ve used the word “upgrade” above only because it’s what many people are using to describe the “transition” to the new Cert IV TAE40122 qualification, and we get it but we didn’t want there to be confusion. So from here, we’ll refer to it as a transition.
But before you decide to transition from your TAE40116 qualification to the shiny new TAE40122, we want to confirm you are in the right place so we have a few questions…
You can do your transition to the shiny new TAE40122 with us if you can say yes to the following:
1. Do you hold the full TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and can you provide both your Certificate and the transcript of the units you hold?
2. Are you currently working as a trainer and assessor, or have you been in the last 2 years?
3. Are you going to be able to provide authentic evidence of the following:
- Assessment Tools that you have developed?
- Trainer and Assessor Profiles?
- Professional Development Plans?
- Session plans and attendance sheets for face-to-face delivery of training?
- Evidence of assessing learners against units of competency?
4. Do you understand that the speed of completing this transition will depend on your access to, and ability to submit the evidence required? You could finish the transition in a week if you have access to everything and can commit the time, or all the way up to the 3 month mark. It’s largely up to you.
We really want you to succeed and we want to make sure that this transition course is the best possible fit for you, so if you have answered no to the above questions, this course may not be the right one for you and we encourage you to speak with our course advisors to explore alternative options.
If you answered yes, here is what you need to know about the journey ahead….
WHAT YOU really want TO KNOW
- Either prior to or after enrolment, we’ll conduct a gap assessment by analysing your TAE40116 transcript
- We will then credit transfer 2 of the units from your TAE40116 (TAEDEL402/ and either BSBCMM411/TAEDEL301) as these are equivalent units to their successors
- We will then package the remainder of your units and you will be able to complete the course by accessing and completing a range of knowledge question assessments, assignments, and/or RPL assessment kits.
See “What units will end up in my transcript” for how each unit is assessed and completed.
To this end, the TAE40116 – TAES40122 RPL transition program offers the following 12 units on completion of your course:
- TAEASS412 Assess competence (completed via Gap Knowledge + Skills Assessment – Integrated RPL Kit)
- TAEASS413 Participate in assessment validation (completed via Assignment/Workshop or RPL Kit)
- TAEDEL411 Facilitate vocational training (completed via Gap Knowledge + Skills Assessment – Integrated RPL Kit)
- TAEDES411 Use nationally recognised training products to meet vocational training needs (completed via Gap Knowledge Assessment)
- TAEDES412 Design and develop plans for vocational training (completed via Gap Knowledge + Skills Assessment – Integrated RPL Kit)
- TAEPDD401 Work effectively in the VET sector (completed via Assignment or RPL with BSBAUD412)
- Group A: TAEDEL412 Facilitate workplace-based learning (Credit Transfer)
- Group A: TAEASS512 Design and develop assessment tools (completed via Gap Knowledge + Skills Assessment – Integrated RPL Kit)
- Group A: TAEDEL311 Provide work skill instruction (completed via Credit Transfer or RPL with TAEDEL411)
- Group B: TAELLN421 Integrate core skills support into training and assessment (completed via Gap Knowledge + Skills Assessment – Integrated RPL Kit)
- Group C: BSBAUD412 Work within compliance frameworks (completed via Assignment or RPL with TAEPDD401)
- The final elective unit may be imported from any Cert III or above Qual such as TAE40110/TAE40116, TAE SKILL SETS, and industry-relevant AQF qualifications
We have clustered the units so that you have a simple and straightforward pathway through the assessment of your 12 new TAE40122 units.
We do not want to make you jump through hoops that you have already jumped through in your previous TAE40116 Cert IV TAE so we will only assess the gaps for the non-equivalent units.
The assessment tasks are structured as follows:
- TAEPDD401/BSBAUD412: Completed via Knowledge Question assessment and Assignment or RPL Kit
- TAEASS413: Completed via Knowledge Question assessment and Assignment or RPL Kit
- TAEDES411/DES412/DEL411/DEL311/ASS512/LLN421/ASS412: Completed via 3 x Gap Knowledge Assessments + integrated RPL Kit for skills assessment + integrated RPL Kit for skills assessment
- Remaining units will be credit transferred.
The course is structured as a self-paced, self-directed delivery mode.
You’ll receive a 3-month enrolment period from the time you activate your course, to completion.
You can work on your assessments as quickly or as leisurely (within the designated enrolment time) as you wish, but all assessment tasks must be completed and submitted prior to the 3-month enrolment period ending.
You will be set up with your own Learner Portal and all lessons, resources and assessment tasks will be made available for you to download, work on, and submit.
We understand that circumstances can change, life just happens sometimes and it’s out of our control, so be in touch with our student support team if for some reason you’re concerned that you can’t complete your course in the 3 months. We can help with deferring it or offer paid extension periods if additional time is needed, there are options and we’re here to find solutions with you.
Our assessment marking turnaround time is 4 business days, so we help you keep that momentum by making sure your submitted assessments are marked swiftly, allowing you to keep up the pace and get your transition from the TAE40116 to the TAE40122 completed in no time at all.
Together we’ve got this!
You have 2 hours of included trainer support; 4 x 30 min sessions which should be more than enough.
It’s a pretty straightforward process if you are currently, or have been recently, working as a trainer and assessor, and you have your transcript for your TAE40116.
IF you use all of that up, you can pay-as-you-go for more one-on-one trainer time @ $50 for a 30-minute session.