Single Diploma upgrade (Option 3)
$600 – online – RPL and coursework – 1 month enrolment period
If you have completed an earlier version of the Dip TDD, then upgrading may be as simple as applying credit transfer and demonstrating your currency.
Upgrading means that you are recognised for the current skills and knowledge that you have, based on the combination of earlier qualifications you have completed and the experience you have gained since then.
Because of how Training Packages are constructed, the units from the older TAE50211 Diploma generally remain equivalent to the units from the TAE50216 Diploma.
That means that we can provide credit for those equivalent units.
Students are still able to enrol into the superseded TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development, which is currently in an extended teach-out transition period until 8 December 2024. This extended transition period means there is plenty of time to complete the TAE50116 and/or TAE50216.
The Diploma Upgrade Program is specifically for people who possess equivalent units of competency from earlier qualifications combined with relevant recent experience (Note: This does not include the TAE50122 diploma)
Once enrolled, we will confirm which of the following you will need to provide:
- Evidence of completing earlier units.
- If those units were completed more than two years ago, evidence of currency in those units.
ABOUT THE COURSE
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials and instant access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule a phone or video call when you need support. Our trainers are available from 9 am to 5 pm QLD time Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
If you are not sure why quality support is important you may be interested in our article ‘Why Student Support Matters“.
Practical Requirements and People You Will Need Access To
There are no practical requirements for the Single Diploma Upgrade (Option 3).
How long does it take?
The enrolment duration for this course is 1 month.
What will it cost me?
Our minimum course fee for the 1-month enrolment is $600.
If you have not finished the course within 1 month you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
Do you have flexible payment options?
We offer the following payment options.
- Upon application, you are required to pay a deposit of fees, this will include a non-refundable application fee of $150.
- You can choose between an upfront payment or a flexible payment plan
- Upfront payment: Course Fee $600, and a deposit of $1500 today with the balance due in 60 days.
- Flexible payment: Course Fee $660 We offer flexible payments, the initial amount you will pay upon application is calculated based on your course fee and the type of payment plan you choose.
- We offer weekly, fortnightly or monthly ongoing payment options
- You may be wondering why the flexible payment option is more than the upfront. Like any payment plan, this allows for admin fees to be met.
You may be eligible for government funding.
If you are over 40, you may be eligible to receive 50% of your course fees from the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. Another funding option is the Mid Career Checkpoint which offers funds of up to $3,000 to students who return to the workforce.
More information is available HERE.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
- If you are found not to be suitable for entry into any of our programs, we will refund all monies paid.
- If you choose not to continue with the enrolment interview or application, we will refund monies paid, excluding the $150 application fee.
- Fortress has a 7-day cooling-off period.
- This 7-day cooling-off period starts from the activation of your learner portal. For example, if your learner portal is activated on March 1st, the 7-day cooling-off period ends on March 8th
- If you choose to withdraw within the 7 days cooling-off period, then a full refund of fees paid(excluding the application fee of $150) applies.
- If you choose to withdraw at any time after the 7-day cooling-off period ends, no refund is applicable, and the full balance of course fees will be due.
Please refer to our Refund Policy here for additional information.
Is this course a good fit for you?
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and that we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
During your Enrolment Interview, before you are able to complete the enrolment form, our student support team member will guide you through a verbal conversation regarding suitability assessment.
What will I be asked?
The Suitability assessment consists of questions addressing the program’s technical requirements, such as required IT and digital literacy skills. We will also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirement of your course.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course before enrolling formally.
What happens if I am found not suitable?
If, for some reason, during your Enrolment Interview, we discover that based on the suitability responses you give, you cannot continue with the enrolment, we will offer other alternative solutions or refund your fees paid, including the application fee.