TAE Diploma program
We offer the following TAE Diploma programs;
- The single TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (Dip VET) – 6 months
- The single TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (Dip Vet) – 12 months
- The Dual TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development (Dual Dip VET/TDD) – 6 months
- The Dual TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education & Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design & Development (Dual Dip VET/TDD) – 12 months
All of our TAE Diploma programs are designed for trainers already working in the Vocational Education & Training sector who are looking to invest deeply in themselves and their students in this key professional development opportunity.
Holding a TAE Diploma is essential to attaining many Head Teacher and other promotional positions, and an increasing number of RTOs are paying Trainers more when they hold at least the Dip VET.
Fortress Learning’s TAE Diploma programs are perfect for those who want to enrich their practice and stand tall as leaders and educators within the VET sector.
We also offer the Victorian TAFE Teachers Reclassification Readiness Program. This program allows teachers to demonstrate all of the four requirements needed to be reclassified to AQF Level 5 according to the Victorian TAFE Teaching Staff Agreement 2018. It includes studies in adult learning methodology, studies in teaching in a Vocational Education environment, Studies in Applied Research (linked to the Boyer framework of scholarship) and a supervised Practicum of 200 hours. Please note that we won’t accept any enrolments into the Victorian TAFE Teachers Reclassification Readiness Program after 1 June 2023.
While both Diplomas are superseded and in a transition period, they still hold a lot of weight in the industry and are still recognised as valid qualifications for experienced trainers and assessors.
Frequently Asked Questions
The TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and TAE50216 Diploma of Training, Design and Development do not necessarily replace a Certificate IV TAE as they are both valuable for different reasons.
The TAE40116 and the TAE40122 Cert IV TAE are both very valuable entry-level qualifications for people moving into the VET industry who have not had much experience in the VET space.
The Diplomas are very valuable for a number of reasons:
- They will provide further skills and knowledge to established trainers and assessors.
- They can strengthen and further your learning in the VET space
- They can assist you in understanding organisational structure and compliance
While the Diplomas do not replace the Certificate IV, they can be held instead of the TAE40116 or TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment when it comes to demonstrating compliance with ASQA’s Standards for RTO’s Clause 1.13 – 1.16
The Diploma sits as an AQF level 5 on the Australian Qualifications Framework. It sits just after a Certificate IV which is an AQF level 4 and just before an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree at an AQF level 6.
The purpose of the Diploma qualification type is to qualify individuals who apply integrated technical and theoretical concepts in a broad range of contexts to undertake advanced skilled or paraprofessional work and as a pathway for further learning.
Upon completion of the Diploma, graduates will have a broad range of cognitive, technical and communication skills to select and apply methods and technologies to:
- analyse information to complete a range of activities
- provide and transmit solutions to sometimes complex problems
- transmit information and skills to others
That depends on you! The Fortress Learning Diploma’s can be completed as a full-time study course within 6 months or as a part-time course over a year.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10 – 15 hours per week. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
Something we highly encourage for all of our students here at Fortress is that prior to even commencing your first unit, you get together over a phone call or a google meeting with your trainer to discuss your own expectations for course completion and set goals and a manageable learning structure that best suits your own needs.
Experience tells us that most experienced professionals usually take about 6 months to complete their personal program of blended RPL and Coursework Assessment (or closer to 3 months if they are bringing in more units via Credit Transfer). These people are usually working full-time and juggling families, pets, holidays and all the other things that seem to complicate our lives.
Experience tells us that the following three factors affect the time it takes a student:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, you will likely not need as long as people without experience.
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed.
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10- 15 hours per week. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.