TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Lite)
From $1,500 – Online – Limited Support
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the entry requirement to deliver nationally accredited vocational training in private Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and TAFEs, as well as in secondary schools with vocational programs. This qualification is fast becoming the standard for those working in staff training and development roles in a variety of private enterprises, as well as for Human Resource professionals.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course helps you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience to design, deliver and assess training.
This qualification is best suited to individuals delivering training and assessment within the vocational education and training sector. It suits those wanting to enter the training industry, or those either delivering accredited training or responsible for the assessment of competence of an apprentice or trainee within a workplace.
The course contains ten units that are organised in three fields of study: Design, Deliver and Assess. Our online delivery allows you to complete flexibly and to work at your own pace, which is perfect for studying alongside full-time work or family commitments.
Why is the Lite different to the Standard Program?
Unlike our standard program, Fortress Lite provides a way for people who do not want or need much support to complete their Cert IV TAE online, with more independence and lower fees.
You will get access to the same learning platform as the standard program where you can access all of the learning and assessment resources that Fortress Learning students receive. You then work independently through the program, and as you complete the assessable tasks for each of the 3 Fields of Study (Design, Deliver, Assess), you submit that work for assessment. Email support is provided when you need it.
If you are interested in a program that offers more support we suggest you explore our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Standard).
About the course
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials and instant access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
You will be able to ask questions to our trainers via email.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment includes ten units of competency, of which there is one Elective Unit. We have grouped the units into three Fields of Study: Design, Deliver and Assess.
If you intend to get recognised for any prior learning or have any credit transfers of previously completed units please ensure you have done our Personal Learning Plan Survey (PLP) and spoken to our staff. This course is NOT eligible for any Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfers. Please explore our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (RPL and CT).
Units of Competency & Fields of Study
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
This will enable you to use training packages and accredited courses in the context of organisational needs.
You will learn how to design, develop and evaluate learning programs to meet the needs of your learners.
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
You will learn how to deliver training in a workplace. This includes individual and group instruction, planning the presentation and reviewing the presentation.
You will develop skills that help you better meet the needs of the growing number of Australians who lack the desired levels of literacy and numeracy.
You will be able to identify the particular needs of a learner, the demands of some training, and devise strategies to enable the learner to bridge the gap between the two.
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competency
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
You will learn about the assessment process, plan and organise assessment activities and processes including Recognition of Prior Learning.
You will be able to assess the competence of a candidate and participate in the assessment validation process.
Being an online program for a very practical qualification, our standard Cert IV TAE program involves assessment tasks that require you to have access to the necessary human and physical resources at your end.
You will need access to:
- A group of at least 8 learners to deliver training to.
- At least 2 individuals with whom to practise and deliver training in the workplace or in a simulated workplace environment. At least one of these individuals will need to have LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy) support needs.
- At least 5 individuals with whom to practise and conduct assessment.
- A suitably qualified observers (who meets the current minimum standards for compliance for Trainers and Assessors) for the observation of you conducting assessment, and either a suitably qualified observer or video recording facilities for the observation or recording of your delivery of training.
- Suitable venues in which to conduct the above.
If gathering a group of 8 learners is not easy for you, we recommend you explore our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Standard) where we offer options for students to deliver their training via Zoom to other Fortress students with an observer that we provide. Or, our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (Zoom – 1 Block) may suit you as you can complete all the practical components of the assessment tasks as part of the Zoom training sessions.
If you’re not sure about any of the above, please call us on 1300 141 994 and speak with one of our support team. Often, we can help you find a way to make it work with the resources you have available to you.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to – open web pages – view embedded video & slideshows (eg. Youtube, Slideshare) – download & extract zip folders – open and download pdf & swf documents – open, edit, save & upload documents created in doc & docx format?
- Our assessment materials are developed using MS Word. Do you have the computer skills and access to Word to allow you to participate in the program?
- Can you download, work within, save and upload Word documents?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
Unlike previous Certificate IV in Training & Assessment qualifications, the latest TAE40116 requires people entering the program to be able to:
demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
How do I do that?
For most people, it will simply be a matter of providing a copy of some other qualification, skill set, or statement of attainment. If you do not possess another qualification, then we would require you to provide a CV that shows your broad industry knowledge and experience, combined with a Position Description and Third Party Report from someone who can attest to your experience.
In essence, the entry requirement is to be able to provide evidence of your knowledge and experience in your industry area.
Experience tells us that most professionals usually take about 6 months to complete their program. These people are usually working full-time and juggling families, pets, holidays and all the other things that seem to complicate our lives; they would usually take a few nights each week to work on their program, and then a further few hours on the weekend….the lucky ones also get some time to do it at work!
Our quick response times also help to reduce the total time that it might otherwise take, and make 6 months an achievable time-frame; after all, getting your marking done in less than 4 days is going to make the whole thing a lot quicker than if it took weeks or months for us to mark your submissions.
Because of that, we offer a 6 month enrolment duration, and then if you need to extend beyond that there are options to extend.
In the end, it is your individual rate of progress that will ultimately determine how long it will take you.
How much time should I set aside per week to study?
Experience tells us that people entering our programs are not blank slates. They bring a range of knowledge and experience, and that includes the ability and desire to learn.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10 to 15 hours per week to their program throughout their enrolment duration.
That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time… consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
Our minimum course fee for the 6 month enrolment is $1,500.
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit card and bank transfer. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment.
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending upon the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $150 per fortnight
- $200 per fortnight
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
If you have not finished the course within 6 months you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
Over 40? You may be eligible for funding.
If you are over 40, you may be eligible to receive assistance with your course fees from the government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers (SCOW) program. More information is available HERE.
A full refund applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment.
There is no refund after the cooling-off period.
This course is offered via a full Coursework assessment pathway only. If you are interested in exploring Recognition of Prior Learning or importing any units for Credit Transfer from previous study please submit your Personal Learning Plan Survey and enrol into our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (RPL and CT).
If you realise later that you require more support than you anticipated, you can upgrade to our standard program with full support. We will simply calculate the remainder of your enrolment period, calculate the difference to our full program on a pro-rata basis and then upgrade you to the standard program.
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.
The flexibility of our online approach means that if you need to take a break from study, we’ve got that covered too.
We offer the option to defer (pause) your studies. Whilst you are deferred, your enrolment is inactive and we pause your enrolment duration. Then, when you are reactivated from deferment, you pick up exactly where you left off and carry on.
Here the important details;
- You can defer a maximum of two times. The first deferment is free. The second deferment incurs a $45 fee.
- Payment plans continue on deferment, and your payments must be up to date before we can defer you.
- You won’t have access to your trainer or learning platform whilst you are deferred.
- If you have at least 6 weeks remaining in your enrolment, you can defer for up to 3 months. After that, you can defer for twice the amount of time remaining in your enrolment (for example, if you have 1 week left in your enrolment, you can defer for 2 weeks.)
The most important thing is to contact us if your enrolment isn’t working out as you had planned, so that we can offer you the best support options as and when you need them.