TAE40110 to TAE40116 Certificate IV Upgrade Options
From $400 to $800 – Online – 2 to 4 months enrolment period – RPL & Coursework
Our TAE40116 Upgrade Program are specifically for people who possess equivalent units of competency from earlier qualifications, combined with relevant recent experience.
TAE40116 was released in 2016 and superseded the TAE40110 from 2010.
Students are still able to enrol into the superseded TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment which is currently in an extended teach-out transition period until 8 December 2024. This extended transition period means there is plenty of time to complete the TAE40116.
The current minimum standards for compliance as a Trainer and Assessor as per our regulator ASQA are as follows;
Since 1 July 2019, Trainers and Assessors are required to have one of the following:
- The TAE40110 plus TAELLN411 plus TAEASS502 (or equivalent units), OR
- The TAE40116, OR
- Diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
To be eligible for a TAE40116 Upgrade program, you must already hold TAE40110. The following diagram will help you work out which Upgrade Option is best for you, depending upon the units you already hold. You may also want to check out our blog post; Do I need to Upgrade my Certificate IV TAE?
Complete our upgrade survey now to find out which upgrade option is right for you. If you already know which upgrade option is right for you, there are links to the different upgrade options at the bottom of the page.
Which option is right for you?
View the illustration below or take our quick upgrade survey to work out which upgrade is best for you:
At the end of the survey, you will be redirected to the appropriate course page automatically.
About the course
How is the course delivered?
This course is delivered online, which gives you flexibility in your study hours and allows you to complete the course at your own pace; perfect for balancing alongside work and family commitments. On enrolment, you will receive your login credentials for access to our learning platform. This is where you will find all your instructions, learning resources and assessments.
We know that the TAE is not easy and that it’s not a matter of “if” but “when” you will need a guiding hand. That’s why you will have unlimited access to your trainer and can schedule a phone or video calls when you need support. Our trainers are available 9 am to 5 pm QLD time Monday to Friday.
Our service promises to you:
- Any assessments you submit will be marked within four business days. That is our service standard guarantee to you.
- All emails are responded to within 8 business hours.
- If we miss your call, we’ll call you back within 4 business hours.
If you are not sure why quality support is important you may be interested in our article ‘Why Student Support Matters“.
Practical Requirements and People You Will Need Access To
The practical assessment requirements for your TAE40116 Upgrade program will depend on the option that is right for you. Please access the practical requirements for your upgrade option on the appropriate course detail page.
As this program is delivered online, it is essential that students are aware of the IT requirements of the program prior to enrolling to ensure that we’re the right fit.
To enrol for this program, you must be able to answer YES to the following questions;
- Do you have access to a computer?
- Does your computer have – a broadband internet connection – Laptop or PC – a video camera, either built into your device or a separate webcam – a microphone, either built into your device or in the webcam?
- Do you have the ability to open web pages, view videos on youtube, download & extract zip folders, open and download pdf documents, and open, edit, save & upload documents created in word?
If your answer is NO to any of the above questions, please contact us on 1300 141 994 so that we can provide the best advice for your circumstance.
Are there any entry requirements?
To be eligible for a TAE40116 Upgrade you must already hold TAE40110.
In addition to this, the latest TAE40116 requires people entering the program to be able to:
demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as broad industry knowledge and experience, and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification.
How do I do that?
For most people, it will simply be a matter of providing a copy of some other qualification, skill set, or statement of attainment. If you do not possess another qualification, then we would require you to provide a CV that shows your broad industry knowledge and experience, combined with a Position Description and Third Party Report from someone who can attest to your experience.
How long does it take?
The enrolment duration for this course is:
- 2 months for Option A
- 3 months for Option B
- 3 months for Option C
- 4 months for Option D
Experience tells us that the following three factors affect the time it takes a student:
- Experience – if you have experience in training/assessing, then you will likely not need as long as people without experience.
- Dedication – if you have a good reason to do the course, and can hold yourself accountable, then you will likely not need as long as people who are less committed.
- Other commitments – if you have a busy life with many competing professional and personal demands, then you will likely need longer than those people with fewer demands.
While it differs for different people, we find that successful students usually dedicate 10- 15 hours per week to their studies. That said, some of our students take less time, while others take more. It is up to you.
Successful Study Habits
We have a video on Successful Study Habits that will support you to progress through the course in a timely manner. Here is what we know to be true, based on our experience with thousands of students:
- Talk to us! If you’re stuck on a problem at home or feel overwhelmed, don’t sit and stew, or worse, procrastinate! Connect with us in whatever way suits you, be it phone, chat, email, Google Meet or Zoom, and we’ll help you reach a solution so you can get on with your studies.
- Schedule it in! Set aside “chunks’ of time to allow you to really sink your teeth (and brain) into the learning process and allow yourself to get “in the zone”. You can set your own pace, structuring your learning and your assessments to suit your lifestyle.
- And lastly, take your course one step at a time…consistency is important but if the unexpected happens, we can help you find solutions, like course deferral.
What will it cost me?
Our minimum course fees for the standard enrolment period are:
- Upgrade Option A: $400
- Upgrade Option B: $600
- Upgrade Option C: $600
- Upgrade Option D: $800
Complete our upgrade survey now. At the end you will be redirected to the appropriate course page:
If you have not finished the course within your enrolment period you can purchase an extension.
- 1 week $75
- 1 month $300
Do you have flexible payment options?
We offer the following payment options.
- When you enrol, you can select Tentative Enrolment if you’d like us to send you an invoice. Payment options include credit card and bank transfer. Please note: For online TAE programs whose fee is more than $1500, the first invoice will be for $1500 with subsequent invoices issued after 90 days.
- Or, when you enrol you can select a Payment Plan (Flexi Payment) that suits your budget. Payments will stop automatically once the full course fee is paid, or the balance will be due upon graduation, whichever comes first. We will not issue a Graduation Certificate or Statement of Attainment without full payment.
Please note: Additional fees apply for all payment plans.
The payment plan options are as follows, depending upon the total fee for your course;
- $100 per week
- $200 per week
- $150 per fortnight
- $200 per fortnight
- $300 per month (15th of every month)
- $400 per month (15th of every month)
Over 40? You may be eligible for government funding.
Mature-age students may be able to access a funding co-contribution of 75%, or up to $2,200, towards training. Eligibility for the Incentive is subject to successfully completing a Skills Checkpoint assessment and Career Plan that identifies suitable training opportunities, which you will need to discuss with a Skills Checkpoint Career Advisor. Please also note that each applicant, or their employer, must co-contribute and fund the balance of the training course costs after the government contribution is applied, which at most can be 75% of training costs, up to the value of $2200 GST inclusive.
More information is available HERE.
Can I get a refund if I change my mind?
A full refund applies if a student withdraws within 7 days of enrolment. There is no refund after the cooling-off period. Please refer to our Refund Policy here.
What if I need to take a break from study?
The flexibility of our online approach means that if you need to take a break from study, we’ve got that covered too.
We offer the option to defer (pause) your studies. Whilst you are deferred, your enrolment is inactive and we pause your enrolment duration. Then, when you are reactivated from deferment, you pick up exactly where you left off and carry on.
Here are the important details;
- You can defer a maximum of two times. The first deferment is free. The second deferment incurs a $45 fee.
- Payment plans continue on deferment, and your payments must be up to date before we can defer you.
- You won’t have access to your trainer or learning platform whilst you are deferred.
- If you have at least 6 weeks remaining in your enrolment, you can defer for up to 3 months. After that, you can defer for twice the amount of time remaining in your enrolment (for example, if you have 1 week left in your enrolment, you can defer for 2 weeks.)
The most important thing is to contact us if your enrolment isn’t working out as you had planned so that we can offer you the best support options as and when you need them.
Is this course a good fit for you?
We want to make sure that you are the right fit for us and we are the right fit for you. Here are a few things for you to consider:
- Fortress Learning is not a “tick and flick” RTO. If you want the fastest and easiest way, we probably won’t be a good fit.
- We made the decision a long time ago to focus on quality and not quantity. As a result, our qualifications have a very good reputation in the industry.
- Employers know that a Fortress Learning qualification is more than just a piece of paper; it has substance.
- Our students finish their training with knowledge, competence and confidence.
All our enrolments will have a Suitability Assessment to complete before you can enrol.
The Suitability Assessment will address the technical requirements of the program, required IT skills and also make sure you have access to the human and physical resources you need for the practical requirements.
This ensures that you are placed in the right course for you and that there are no nasty surprises after you have paid and started your course.